Position: Medical Doctor/World Contraception Day Ambassador 2016/Women Deliver Young Leader/Chevening Scholar
Organization: Caribbean Youth for Philanthropy/Women Deliver
Current Location: United Kingdom
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery from University of the West Indies, Mona Campus
Additional Degrees and Certifications:
• MSc. Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care (2017)
• Courses: Self Leadership, Leading Others, Strategic Management, Coaching, Governance in Action
• Dissertation Topic- Barriers to Women’s Advancement into Health Leadership Positions
• Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
• BSc. Medical Sciences
• BSc. Biology Emphasis in Zoology
• Speech Writing and Public Speaking ( University of the West Indies Open Campus)
• Project Design and Management, Health and Rights, Advocacy, Grant Seeking and Proposal Development, Communication (Women Deliver Online Courses)
Award for Excellence in Leadership, Award for Outstanding Leadership, Premier Award for Excellence in Leadership, President’s Award
University of the West Indies
April 23, 2015
Women in Science Engineering and Technology Gold Award (for contribution to building the profile of women in science)
University of Southampton
March 22, 2017
Most Outstanding Young Alumni Award
University of the Southern Caribbean
November 10, 2015
“Kizanne is a multi-award-winning medical doctor with a 15-yr leadership history including advocating for Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights of Women and Girls in the Caribbean. In 2016 she created a mobile app to promote SRHR in the region.
– Teocah Dove, Youth Development Consultant
Describe your contributions to and achievements in family planning.
What sparked your passion for family planning?
Give one or two examples of how you display leadership in your family planning work.:
If you are named a winner of 120 under 40, how will you use this new platform and the $1000 grant to advance your work?
Photos of the nominee in the field/at work