Ishrat Naher Erina
Organization: Prescription Bangladesh
Current Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Bachelor of Pharmacy
Additional Degrees and Certifications:
1. High Distinction, Bachelor of Pharmacy -class 2016
2.Contributor writer at Bangladesh Today
3.Content writer at Dhaka Insider
4. Contributor writer at financial Express
5. Content writer at LilyGal
6.Peer mentor at First Year Advising Team (FYAT) of BRAC University
7. Works at South Asian Youth Society
8.Fellow at Toru-The Idea Tree
9.Trainee and fellow at Social Innovation design week- 2017 (working on reproductive health of Ready-Made-Garments workers )
10. An executive at BRAC University Pharma Society.
11.Nominated trainee at Democracywatch
12.Active citizen at Active Citizens youth leadership training
13. Executive, BRAC University Film Club.
14.Intern at Beximco Pharmaceuticals limited
15. Residential trainee at TARC, BRAC CDM
16. Coordinator at co-curricular Bangladesh
17.Participants at SAYS 100 Hours Fellowship Challenge (September 2015-June,2016)
18. International speaker at World Youth Conference 2016, New Delhi (India)
19. Freelance Researcher at IREX
December 5, 2016
May 9, 2017
December 10, 2016
“Ishrat N. Erina founded Prescription, first ever platform to address taboos around Sex Education in 15 rural villages of northern Bangladesh. Erina educates youths about reproductive health, abortions & family planning to benefit over 17000 people.
– Rakibul Hasan, Fellow at Women Deliver
Describe your contributions to and achievements in family planning.
What sparked your passion for family planning?
Give one or two examples of how you display leadership in your family planning work.:
If you are named a winner of 120 under 40, how will you use this new platform and the $1000 grant to advance your work?
0. 10 Signature campaign on 8 villages
1. 8 Online campaign at social media
2. 15 Community-based offline campaign
3. Introduction of Left-side Classroom in schools and colleges
4. 5 Community Solution Programs/street’s campaign( Arranging question-answering session, Identifying and Addressing specific problems & Carrying out pilot projects )
5. 1 Publication
6. 2000 leaflets distribution
Photos of the nominee in the field/at work