Position: Senior Epidemiologist and Reproductive Health Advisor
Current Location: Washington DC
PhD from University Putra Malaysia/Community Health (Epidemiology)
Additional Degrees and Certifications:
Special training and certification:
1. Applied Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Course, USAID University Washington DC, Dec 5 – 9, 2016.
2. Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics (University of Cape Town)
3. Inter-professional Healthcare Informatics, University of Minnesota, Feb 1 – March 28, 2016.
4. Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis – Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, July 13 – August 22, 2015.
5. USAID 14th Annual Global Health Mini-University, March 2, 2015, Washington DC.
6. Monitoring and Evaluation to Manage for Impact – European Evaluation Society, Dublin (October 2014).
7. Using Technology to Enhance Applied Research – European Evaluation Society, Dublin (October 2014).
8. Do No Harm Training – Mercy Corps Nigeria and USAID Nigeria (April 2014)
9. Researching Gender-based violence: Methods and Meaning – London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (17 – 21 February 2014).
10. Safe Spaces Programming and Girl-centred Design – Girl Effect University, Girl Hub and Population Council, Abuja (December 2013).
11. Mobile Phones for Sexual and Reproductive Health “MHealth4SRH” 2013 course – Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research, Geneva (March – April 2013)
12. Professional 3-months training in Monitoring and Evaluation – EFMC, US CDC, Global PHS and AFENET, Abuja (July – October 2012).
13. Advanced statistics for social sciences using SPSS – University Putra Malaysia (July 2007)
Best graduating student in Pathology
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – Nigeria
October 3, 2003
Best oral presentation
Conference on update of HIV/AIDS in Africa, Accra-Ghana
December 17, 2009
“Dr. Saad is a Public Health expert with extensive experience in clinical practice, research, and health systems evaluation. He has designed and implemented numerous innovative programs around Reproductive Health and Family Planning. A great leader!
– Ahmed Awaisu, Associate Professor at Qatar University
Describe your contributions to and achievements in family planning.
• Contributed to establishing a functional RH-FP HMIS and quality improvements to private sector and public sector
• Developed community-level referral system and strengthened national FP referral system in Nigeria
• Led the development of a Contraceptive Logistics and Service provision monitoring system using the mobile phone platform in Nigeria
• Contributed to FP-HIV integration strategy and Global Handbook for FP
• Supported countries to make programmatic decisions with imperfect data on hormonal contraception and HIV; increased use of evidence-based best practices to improve FP use
• Support USAID countries to introduce/scale-up DMPA-SC and LNG-IUS
What sparked your passion for family planning?
Give one or two examples of how you display leadership in your family planning work.:
If you are named a winner of 120 under 40, how will you use this new platform and the $1000 grant to advance your work?
Photos of the nominee in the field/at work