• Diploma in General Nursing.
• Diploma in Public Relations.
• Professional Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation of HIV/AIDS and Development Programmes.
• Certificate in Data Management and Networking.
• Certificate in International Health Research Ethics.
• Train of Trainers Certificate.
• Certificate in Public Health Leadership and Governance.
• Certificate in Public Health and Health Systems Management.
- Award:BEST Centres Channel FinalistAwarding Organization:Marie Stopes InternationalDate Awarded:February 1, 2017
- Award:Best Abstract - Working with Traditional Leaders as Advocates and Role Models in HIV prevention in Communities of Chiundura, GweruAwarding Organization:SAFAIDS Regional Conference, South AfricaDate Awarded:April 24, 2010
- Award:Best Abstract - Meaningful Involvement of People Living with HIV in HIV Prevention Programmes (MIPA)Awarding Organization:Zimbabwe AIDS Network National Conference, Nyanga - ZimbabweDate Awarded:November 29, 2009
I have a combined 10 years experience in HIV/AIDS, Community work, gender and Family planning.
Supervise and manage as channel of 10 static clinics offering LARC family methods and reaching to 10000 women.
Conducted door to door mobilisations with choice champions to encourage and mobilise women to take up family planning services and this double our numbers in 2017.
Offering family planning providers to offer services at colleges, clinics and mines.
Doubled CYPs. Initiated collaborations with stakeholders and offered FP services at their huge gatherings and events.
Initiated “Cross selling” concept.
Engaged Health insurance companies to cover family planning. I worked as a Youth Health Advisor with Zimbabwe National Family planning Council.
Training PSZ nurses.
I worked as a Youth Health Advisor in a rural district and when I realised the gap and challenges of women who are having children by chance not by choice because they cannot access family services. Another issue that triggered my energy into full family planning promotion is when I often read of college students dying due to unsafe abortion and also some dropping out of college due to unwanted pregnancies.
In addition, i am Pro-choice and believe that women have a right to decide.
My team go to offer family planning services for free at tertiary institutions and to date we have covered 4 Universities and 4 Teacher training colleges. Initiated collaborations with other countries in Southern Africa – Malawi, Uganda and Kenya.
Creating Youth Friendly corners at PSZ clinics to encourage adolescents to feel free to access services away from adults where youths will not feel intimidated, stigmatised and also shy. Developed proposals to UNFPA For VIAC Mainstreaming.
I will use the platform to publicise my work. I will also utilise the platform to inspire others to do more work on family planning through networking and interactions virtually.
I will use the $1000 to do more work on Family Planning, participate in exchange and learning visits and present my work at FP forums. Mentor staff at PSZ on Family Planning new developments. Share with my Professional associations where I am a member and document best practices.